The intended audience for this event includes:
- All those working as part of the UK Health Data Research Alliance, Health Data Research Hubs, or Innovation Gateway and all members of the HDR UK community
- Members of the wider health data landscape in the UK and internationally, including NHS, academia, government, industry, and charities
- Public, patient and practitioner representatives
This event will help to further the aims of Health Data Research UK’s infrastructure work and foster collaboration across the institute. It is also a fantastic opportunity to showcase and celebrate achievements across the UK Health Data Research Alliance, the Health Data Research Hubs, the Innovation Gateway and other partners.
The objectives of the Symposium will be:
- To bring the NHS, academia, government, industry and charities communities together to drive forward the UK’s health data research strategy
- To celebrate what has been achieved, what lessons have been learnt and share the journeys
- To build a sense of community and collaboration to achieve even more together
Health Data Research UK is delighted to have invited applications from start-ups, technologists and innovators to present health data research innovation projects as 4-minute lightning talks at the next UK Health Data Research Alliance Symposium on 1 December 2020. The deadline for submissions was 9 November at 16:00.
Please note applications are now closed.
Check out some of our fantastic speakers below, or view the full agenda to see all confirmed speakers.
The Alliance Symposium’s objectives and content is being guided by an advisory committee made up of representatives from across Health Data Research UK, as well as public and patient representatives.
Advisory committee members:
- Caroline Cake, Health Data Research UK (chair)
- Bryan Deane, ABPI
- Matt Cooper, DATA-CAN – The Health Data Research Hub for Cancer
- Jill Hopkins, Roche
- Margaret Grayson, Patient Representative
- Tom Smith, Patient Representative
- David Seymour, Health Data Research UK
- Cathie Sudlow, BHF Data Science Centre
- Richard Dobson, King’s College London
- Neena Modi, Imperial College London
- Mark Avery, Eastern AHSN
- Gerry Reilly, Health Data Research UK
- Ben Gordon, Health Data Research UK
- Maria Koufali, Nottingham University Hospitals Trust
- Sinduja Manohar, Health Data Research UK
The Health Data Research Hubs, UK Health Data Research Alliance and Health Data Research Innovation Gateway are all part of the Digital Innovation Hub Programme. The Programme is funded by UK Research and Innovation’s Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund as part of the Data to Early Diagnosis Grand Challenge.