- Teams already using Python to work with complex datasets on a regular basis
- Employees looking to apply the latest cutting-edge data science and AI tools in their work
- See the prospectus.
This master’s degree level health data science apprenticeship allows employers to skill up staff and lets employees transform their career prospects for free – and while still earning a wage.
AI solutions are vital to the future of healthcare research and organisational effectiveness. HDR UK and Cambridge Spark are helping industry, academia to move forward with the Level 7 AI & Data Science for Health apprenticeship.
The 15-month apprenticeship gives employees the advanced skills needed to discover and devise new data-driven AI solutions, automate and optimise processes and support, augment and enhance human decision-making.
Apprenticeship Levy – use it or lose it
The programme is paid for through the Apprenticeship Levy. Learners don’t have fees like at university. Employers gain from a levy that many already pay to government – money they lose unless they organise apprenticeships.
Learners spend 80% of their time at work and applying their skills. So they are mostly clocking on and off like anyone else. The rest of the time they are learning new skills that can benefits their employers and enhance their career prospects.
Outcomes for learners
- Identify and devise data-driven AI solutions
- Automate and optimise processes with data science
- Provide technical authority and insights on data science and AI.
Outcomes for employers
- Build your ability to enable and deploy AI across the organisation
- Drive business growth with AI solutions to address opportunities
- Reduce costs by automating and optimising manual processes.
About the apprenticeship
The apprenticeship offers a cutting-edge curriculum developed by data scientists in leading industry positions and academics from some of the top universities in the world. The curriculum is continuously updated to incorporate the latest techniques.
The apprenticeship is based on a modular approach. A core curriculum provides everything learners need to thrive in a data science role. Elective Specialist pathways offer them the chance to stretch themselves and specialise in new technical areas.
- A coach supports the career and personal development of our learners through coaching sessions, as well as quarterly tripartite reviews with line managers.
- An experienced data mentor helps learners scope and deliver work-based projects.
- The world-class faculty of experienced data professionals and academics supports learners through workshops and personal tutoring.
- Learners join expert-led online workshops and can access recordings.
- A peer network provides support and technical help.
Learners also benefit from a network of experts, with monthly guest lectures from different industries.
To find out more or to apply for the apprenticeship, please fill in the form below.
About Cambridge Spark
Cambridge Spark specialises in workforce education in data science and AI. It delivers government-funded apprenticeships, BSc and MSc degrees and tailored programmes, based round cutting-edge curricula, expert teaching and engaging learning technology.