Purpose of the post
HDR UK requires the services of an experienced Technical Project Manager and Agile Scrum Master to support ICODA. They will combine management and planning of the delivery of all technical aspects of the programme of activities employing an Agile approach. They will be responsible for smooth running of the technical projects, working across multiple technical partners, acting as scrum master for each technical project. This will require a start-up mindset, working hands on with the rest of the team to put in place initiative-wide processes and procedures and rollout of technical tooling and usage. The individual will be responsible for technical delivery and provide technical delivery oversight of the Workstreams (including Technology, Workbench DevOps & Service Delivery; Data Standards & Curation; Data Science Enablement).
The Technical Project Manager will report to ICODA’s Technical Director.
This role will learn from and build upon the work of HDR UK.
- Providing Technical Project Management across ICODA and business partner teams to successfully deliver the technical projects needed to deliver on ICODA’s goals.
- Creating and maintaining a technical roadmap and sprint plan with ICODA’s technology partners and ICODA leadership.
- Proactively managing progress versus that roadmap and plan.
- Identifying and working with the teams to address delivery issues and ensure corrective action is in place, with escalation to Technical Director when required
- Proactively managing technical risks across the project, ensuring risk status is updated and mitigation actions are identified and in place working with the PMO.
- Driving key technical and architectural decisions to conclusion.
- Providing support to other project managers working within the initiative and our partners.
- Performing the Scrum Master role across multiple technical teams and technology partnerships.
- Organizing key Scrums, ensuring actions are tracked and acted on, tracking progress against targets.
- Provide ad-hoc Agile and Scrum education to team members and partners as needed as the focal point for Agile in the organisation.
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge of the entire technical architecture, its constituent parts and partnerships, risks and interdependencies in order to be able to advise Driver Project Leads, Project Managers and the Executive Leadership Team.
- Supporting colleagues to create relevant technical presentation materials to support discussion and decision making at Leadership Team meetings and meetings with Funders and other key stakeholders
- Providing expertise, advice and technical implementation skills for systems implementation and setup across multiple teams