Overview of the role and main responsibilities
The Project Manager for Data and Connectivity will work closely with the core study management team within HDR UK, study leads at HDR UK and ONS and across the various study delivery partners, other National Core studies and teams undertaking priority research, and system stakeholders. Main responsibilities will include leading on key projects such as; developing a roadmap to enable rapid onboarding of priority datasets to the delivery partners’ TREs, supporting and enabling NCS clinical trials and urgent public health studies data flow and linkage needs, and working closely with delivery partner TREs to project manage and drive progress of key areas of the overall Data and connectivity programme. The post holder will also act as a point of contact between stakeholders and the Data and Connectivity NCS projects they are leading on, will be involved in all aspects of delivery of this ground-breaking programme and will be integral to ensuring the study meets its aims and objectives. The post holder will also support the Senior Programme Manager and wider HDRUK teams to support the close down and transition of the Data and Connectivity NCS into HDRUK’s 5 Year Strategy.
Supporting the Senior Programme Manager and the Data & Connectivity team, this role would:
- Work with the Senior Programme Manager and wider core team, to ensure identified key project tasks are completed on time and new activities continuously planned in.
- Work with the Senior Programme Manager and wider core team to ensure emerging NCS research priorities are understood and used to enhance and guide the prioritisation of study activities
- Project manage specific activities across the programme. Examples of key activities include:
a) mapping data flows and linkages and developing roadmaps to enable researcher access to priority datasets within the TREs
b) working with NCS clinical trials and urgent COVID research studies to enable data flows and linkages
c) working with the HDR UK Innovation Gateway team to ensure the NCS datasets are discoverable and NCS data access requests are visible on the Gateway
d) Engaging with the public and patient involvement and engagement team to ensure that the voice of the patient and public benefit is at the heart of all our work.
- Develop positive working relationships with colleagues within HDRUK, delivery partners, the NCS research community and wider stakeholders
- Coordinate the involvement of key stakeholders at appropriate stages throughout the programme
- Support reporting of Data and connectivity progress and impact.
- Promote the work of HDR UK, Data & Connectivity NCS partners at relevant meetings and events.
- Work with the study leads, delivery partners
- Support finance tracking and liaise with the HDR UK Finance team.
- Support efficient setup and contracting of relevant study teams (in collaboration with the HDR UK Operations team and any external funding agency)
- Support development of reference communication materials such as standard presentation and comms decks.
- Enable use of appropriate team communications and project management tools
- Be prepared and able to work flexibly to support colleagues as needed, adapting to an evolving environment and emerging priorities
- Work to ensure HDR UK’s standards of trustworthiness, ethics and values are maintained across implementation.
The successful candidate will share our values, have strong collaboration and project management skills, be comfortable with working at pace and have a passion for professional, high quality approaches to engagement.
Planning and Organising
This post is part of a small team that is embedded within HDR UK to support the Data and Connectivity National Core Studies programme. The post will plan and manage a diverse workload of complex, over-lapping tasks and will require high levels of organisational skill. The post-holder will need to effectively plan and deliver their work but also be able to respond to changing needs in a fast-paced organisation.
The post-holder will make all day-to-day operational decisions for their own workload and on behalf of the institute, where required. With support from the Senior Programme Manager and the Data & Connectivity team, they will identify, initiate, and execute efficient project delivery of rapid programmes of work within the Data and connectivity programme.
The Project Manager for Data and Connectivity will be expected to use problem solving skills to respond to diverse demands. As part of a small team, the post holder will operate with significant independence. The post holder will require confidence and resilience in dealing with enquiries, problem solving and decision making. The post holder will be expected to make effective judgements on when to escalate issues to senior colleagues’ attention and with what urgency.
HDR UK is dedicated to continuous improvement through our quality management system and has achieved ISO 9001 accreditation. The post-holder will review, analyse, identify and implement opportunities for quality improvement within their role and as part of the wider team through our strategy development and internal audit processes.
The post holder will build and maintain effective working relationships both within HDR UK, and our partner organisations, including the Data & Connectivity delivery partners, wide group of stakeholders, researchers and the programme Public Advisory Board. The Project Manager for Data and Connectivity will have close working relationships with the Senior Programme Manager, Programme Manager, the Alliance Executive Director and members of the Data & Connectivity and Innovation Gateway teams, as well as other HDR UK teams including the Communications and Engagement and Finance and Operations teams.
To view the full Job Description, including the full list of role responsibilities and requirements please click the link below.
National Digital Research Infrastructure Technical Lead for the UKRI DARE UK Programme
Applications close 27 September 2022
Purpose and responsibilities of the post We are seeking an experienced, collaborative technical leader for the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) DARE UK (Data and Analytics Research Environments...
Product Owner for HDR Innovation Gateway
Applications close 14 September 2022
Flexible, remote UK
Purpose of the post HDR UK requires the services of an experienced Product Owner/Product Manager to lead the next phase of its flagship Innovation Gateway ( www.healthdatagateway.org ) and...
Chief Scientist and Deputy Institute Director
Applications close 20 September 2022
At HDR UK, we employ talented individuals who bring unique skills and experience to support our vision and benefit the whole team. The Chief Scientist and Deputy Institute Director is a new and...