Purpose of the post
HDR UK requires the services of an experienced Product Owner/Product Manager to lead the next phase of its flagship Innovation Gateway ( www.healthdatagateway.org ) and associated services and APIs
The Innovation Gateway was released in May 2020 and provides a key resource to discover and access health data resources for researchers and data custodians. Its primary function is providing visibility to and supporting access requests for data sets by researchers in the UK and around the globe to health data that can support them in their quest to deliver scientific insights, that improve health and healthcare of the UK and worldwide populations.
The Gateway today holds information on over 750 data sets which researchers can securely request access to and is supported by over 60 data custodians across the UK and the globe.
These data sets have supported the publication of over 2,300 impactful papers at the cutting edge of scientific and medical discoveries.
The Gateway has been a critical deliverable in HDR UK’s first quinquennium (5 years) and we are really looking to scale up as we look forward into the future to support 1,000’s of researchers on a global basis discovery and gain access to data in a trustworthy and secure fashion, enabling discoveries that improve people’s lives.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage the ongoing product roadmap and drive features and function through the development cycle working with all members of the Innovation Gateway team, supporting HDR UK business strategy and goals and working with a broad range of disciplines and stakeholders across the organisation and community.
- Lead definition of the strategy, roadmap, features and stories for the Innovation Gateway
- Lead and manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders with different requirements and timelines
- Manage stakeholder priorities aligned to product releases and be the main point of contact for all parties involved
- Drive successful adoption of the Innovation Gateway, listening to stakeholder feedback and being driven by user insights and metrics to achieve KPIs
- Provide clarity to the delivery organisation on the structure and planning for releases, as well as all design and implementation acceptance sign-off.
- Lead interaction with the product development and delivery groups across the HDR UK community
- Define end-to-end user journeys to provide simple and compelling user experiences
- Build feature roadmaps, maintain the product backlog and prioritise
- Drive the design and development delivery engine based on personas, journeys, features, epics and stories – always staying a step ahead
- Define acceptance criteria and validate the product delivery for robust implementation
- Maintain a technical roadmap and sprint plan with delivery teams
- Ensure adoption of a test automation strategy for each product release
Team working & Management:
- Line and career management of a small team of Business Analysts, Designers and Testers
- Working closely with the Development Manager, Stakeholders, Architect and Scrum Master
- Working with Scrum Master for planning releases
- Lead on running regular user design workshops for continuous improvement
- Lead on working with multiple community partners to define roadmaps and deliverables
- Building good relationships and rapport, working across internal and external teams
HDR UK is dedicated to continuous improvement through our quality management system and demonstrated by our commitment to achieve ISO 9001 accreditation. The post-holder will review, analyse, identify and implement opportunities for quality improvement within their specialism and as part of the wider team through our strategy development and internal audit processes.
Key contacts / relationships:
The successful candidate will need to work collaboratively across the Innovation Gateway team: Development Manager, Product Architect, Scrum Master, Business Analysts and Test Lead and with stakeholders across HDR UK more broadly. Also, to collaborate externally with the HDR UK development community, 3rd party system integrators, software vendors, partners, infrastructure providers and end-users.
To view the full Job Description, including the full list of role responsibilities and requirements, please click the link below.
National Digital Research Infrastructure Technical Lead for the UKRI DARE UK Programme
Applications close 27 September 2022
Purpose and responsibilities of the post We are seeking an experienced, collaborative technical leader for the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) DARE UK (Data and Analytics Research Environments...
Chief Scientist and Deputy Institute Director
Applications close 20 September 2022
At HDR UK, we employ talented individuals who bring unique skills and experience to support our vision and benefit the whole team. The Chief Scientist and Deputy Institute Director is a new and...
Project Officer – Data and Connectivity National Core Study
Applications close 23 August 2022
Flexible, remote UK
Overview of the role and main responsibilities The Project Officer for Data and Connectivity will work closely with the core study management team within HDR UK, study leads at HDR UK and ONS and...