The applicant will join a team of academics delivering high-quality teaching in Health Data Science, Health Informatics and Health Data Analytics. The applicant will be expected to make a substantial contribution to teaching (teaching component will represent a maximum of 2 days per week), including the development of a taught MRes as part of the CDT. The applicant must have or be willing to obtain teaching accreditation.
– Contribute to the development and delivery of courses, teaching and learning support techniques and materials
– Link research with teaching
– Supervise students, identify their learning needs and define appropriate learning objectives Advise on study skills and help students with problems
– Contribute to the setting, marking and assessment of assignments and examination questions, provide constructive feedback to students, and supervise student research projects
– Act as a personal tutor for students
– Periodically reflect on teaching design and delivery and obtain feedback as self-assessment of performance
– Tackle issues affecting the quality of delivery within the scope of own level of responsibility, referring matters to others, as appropriate
– Contribute to administrative duties in areas such as admissions, examinations, and assessment of progress.
The Lecturer will be encouraged to develop and grow partnerships with SME and large industrial partners in areas relevant to their research and teaching.
Application deadline: 2019-07-24 23:59
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Professor Geraint Rees (email@example.com) or Professor Paul Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org). For further details of and assistance with the application process, please contact the IHI HR team (email@example.com).