About the Health Data Research Innovation Gateway
The Health Data Research Innovation Gateway programme is developing an end-to-end platform (www.healthdatagateway.org) to transform the experience of using the UK’s rich health data assets for ethical and secure research and innovation. This programme is being delivered in partnership with PA Consulting and in collaboration with stakeholders across the NHS, Academia, and Industry, and with the active participation of patients, the public and practitioners in aspects of the programme.
Purpose of the post
This is an exciting and unique opportunity in one of the most dynamic sectors in the UK.
The Gateway Operations Manager will be a key member of HDR UK, working as part of the Gateway team. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start developing a career in programme delivery.
The role of the Gateway Operations Manager will be to:
- Work with the HDR UK community to ensure there is rich content on the Gateway that supports the needs of researchers and innovators
- Ensure that the Gateway provides a reliable service to all its stakeholders
- Manage and report on the operational performance of the Gateway.
- You will manage and moderate content on the Gateway (including the discussion forums) ensuring continuous active engagement with the HDR UK communications team and Public Advisory Board.
- With the support of the Communications team, you will develop reports and other external materials about the Gateway.
- You will monitor the delivery of all content ensuring the Gateway is meeting all GDPR requirements, in liaison with HDR UK’s Data Protection Lead.
- You will ensure the Gateway is operating to the contract service level agreement and addressing operational issues and responding to user queries in collaboration with our Technology Partner, PA Consulting.
- You will collate reports on operational performance and usage of the Gateway, working with the Gateway team to automate these wherever possible.
- You will engage key stakeholders and representatives of the Gateway user community ensuring that the Gateway is operated to meet user needs and increasing engagement across the user community and growing the number of active users.
- You will respond to challenges and opportunities with optimism and respect, seeking to identify the cause, rather than focussing on immediate issues. You will think ahead and actively manage risks, anticipating issues and proposing solutions.
- You will organise events and activities to support the acquisition of new content. This will be hands-on with responsibility for the full administration and delivery of these events which will be both online and in-person.
- You will display flexibility to adjust plans as necessary. You will be content managing ambiguity, provide clarity and support others through change.