Purpose of the post
The HDR UK Finance Director (FD) is responsible for leading and manging the finance function, which includes finance, procurement and contracting activities. The FD ensures that colleagues across the organisation are supported to deliver their responsibilities to a high standard, decisions are financially robust, compliance obligations are met and risk is effectively managed. The finance team manages accounting systems and controls throughout the organisation to ensure that HDRUK operates at the highest levels of financial probity, accountability and transparency.
As part of the HDR UK Executive Committee, the FD contributes to the development and implementation of the financial strategy for HDR UK and represents financial operations at the HDR UK Audit & Risk Committee and HDR UK Board.
- Lead and managing financial reporting, control and risk, including HDR UK Board and Board Committee reporting.
- Lead, manage, develop and support the finance team to ensure efficient and effective operations across procurement, contracting and finance activities to support timely delivery of projects and programmes.
- Provide strategic financial planning, modelling and analysis:
- Develop the long term financial strategy, in particular for HDR UK’s next five year core funding period (1 April 2023 – 31 March 2028).
- Lead on the annual financial planning cycle, including budgets and in-year strategic changes
- Responsible for approval of financial aspects of new funding proposals.
- Support resourcing, governance and corporate structure strategies, providing practical implementation advice.
- Support CEO and executive team members with strategic partner relationships, including:
- Funder relationships and financial reporting.
- Research and strategic delivery partners, including supporting strategic investment management and the intake and consolidation of financial reporting on a quarterly basis.
- Lead key financial external relationships, including audit, tax, banking, procurement, payroll bureau etc.
- Investment and treasury management
- Risk and assurance:
- Responsible for the internal financial control environment.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the road map for financial system, process and control improvements.
- Collaborate with CEO to champion appropriate risk management throughout the organisation.
- Implement risk management through procurement and contracting activity, in collaboration with HDR UK Legal Counsel.
- Develop and implement appropriate risk-based internal audit plans, including ISO90001 internal audits, to evaluate the effectiveness of controls taking into consideration HDR UK’s distributed federated nature.
Personal Monitoring Data Lay Members – BHF Data Science Centre
Applications close 19 April 2021
The British Heart Foundation (BHF) Data Science Centre is seeking to appoint 3-4 lay members to work with us as we establish a focus on the use of personal monitoring data, with an initial...
BHF Data Science Centre – Personal Monitoring Data Thematic Lead
Applications close 26 April 2021
Primary base could be anywhere in the UK, but must be willing and able to travel to London and elsewhere (mainly UK) in connection with the role
Purpose of the post The Personal Monitoring Data Thematic Lead will be a key member of the BHF Data Science Centre leadership team, working closely with the Director and other centre staff to...
Chief Solutions Architect for HDR UK Innovation Gateway
Applications close 26 April 2021
Purpose of the post HDR UK requires the services of an experienced Chief Solution Architect to lead technology services and solutions across the organisation, leading and maintain technical...