Purpose of the post
The Finance Business Partner plays a crucial role within HDR UK, as the key point of contact and financial support for the Institute Office teams. The Finance Business Partner supports key non- finance stakeholders to provide timely and insightful analysis and reporting and supports with the alignment of financial plans to operational and strategic priorities. The role will support the Institute Office as well as some of our separately funded programmes. The Finance Business Partner is responsible for the management of the Institute’s support costs and recharges, and therefore plays a pivotal role in the long-term financial sustainability of HDR UK. The role is responsible for maintaining clear and effective communication between the Finance team and the wider business and for ensuring that financial concepts and priorities are understood by the Institute Office and programme teams.
- Work with Budget Holders to manage financial performance, forecasts, and budgeting including understanding financial opportunities and risk for the area of business partnership.
- Own the internal recharge process, including posting monthly recharge journals, analysing cost recovery, and providing up to date information on Institute recovery rates and long-term sustainability plans.
- Lead on monthly reporting to the Institute Office and Programme teams, including posting month end journals, meeting with Budget Holders to discuss performance and budget variance and providing commentary and analysis on reports.
- Provide donor reporting and analysis as required to funders of specific programmes.
- Work with the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis and Head of Financial Management, Compliance and Reporting to plan, deliver, and review the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Support the Head of FP&A and the Finance Analyst to continuously review and update the 5-year financial plan.
- Support with projects and new process development to continuously improve and evolve our approach to internal financial reporting and modern finance business partnering.
- Support the Finance Business Partnering function with ad hoc reports and grant management and reporting.
- Provide training and advice to individuals internal and external to the Finance department.
- Support the Finance Officer with ad hoc queries and helpdesk needs.
- Support the Finance Analyst in utilising JET Reports to generate monthly management accounts for our Senior Leadership Team and Budget Holders, ensuring their accuracy and timely delivery.
HDR UK is dedicated to continuous improvement through our quality management system and has achieved ISO 9001 accreditation. The post-holder will review, analyse, identify and implement opportunities for quality improvement within their role and as part of the wider team through our strategy development and internal audit processes.
- CCAB qualified or part qualified, or with a minimum of 4 years practical experience in financial analysis or business partnering roles.
The following is desired but not essential:
- Prior experience of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Prior experience of JET reporting software.
- Experience developing financial models.
- Experience of producing financial reports.
- Experience of working in the higher education or not-for-profit sectors.
- Excellent understanding of financial concepts.
- Ability to interpret complex data and apply problem solving techniques.
- Ability to support a number of different colleagues at the same time with their business partnering needs, managing competing priorities.
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality in the outputs that are produced.
- Service oriented and comfortable continuously developing and refining processes and reporting.
- Works with others as one team, actively listening and collaborating to achieve a shared vision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and confidently with people at all levels.
- Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to non- finance stakeholders.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
PhD Opportunity – Multi-omics in Population Cohorts
Applications close 22 December 2023
Applications are invited by 22 December, 2023 for an HDR UK-funded PhD at the University of Cambridge applying multi-omics in population cohorts to study common complex diseases.
Health Data Science Black Internship
Applications close 7 January 2024
Across the UK
We are working together with our host organisations to help transform the prospects of, and provide opportunities for, early career Black people in the UK to flourish in their future health data...
Technical Programme Director and Product Owner
Applications close 29 November 2023
Flexible. Primary base could be anywhere in the UK, but must be willing and able to travel to London and elsewhere (mainly UK) in connection with the role
Purpose of the post At HDR UK, we employ talented individuals who bring their own unique skills and experience to support our vision and benefit the whole team. HDR UK requires the services of an...