Purpose of the post
The Personal Monitoring Data Thematic Lead will be a key member of the BHF Data Science Centre leadership team, working closely with the Director and other centre staff to identify and prioritise key areas of work in the use of personal monitoring data in cardiovascular research, demonstrating impact at national and international level. They will have an excellent understanding of, and expertise in, the use of personal monitoring data in health research and a strong commitment to developing linked healthcare data-enabled approaches to improve understanding, monitoring and management of cardiovascular disease. This part-time role would provide leadership and strategic planning in the use of large-scale personal monitoring data for the cardiovascular research community, to meet the wider objectives of the BHF Data
Science Centre in improving cardiovascular health through the use of large-scale data and innovative analytical methods. This post would suit a health data scientist (either clinical or non-clinical) with experience of personal monitoring data for health research, who is an established leader or well advanced on a career pathway towards a leadership position within this field.
- Provide leadership to bring together research, clinical, and data science networks, professional societies, patients, public, industry and wider stakeholders within the health data science community to shape, influence and build consensus in the way personal monitoring data is used and integrated with other health data for the benefit of cardiovascular research. An ability to see the bigger picture is key in order to ensure benefit to the wider community.
- A commitment and enthusiasm to engaging with patients, the public, and patient and public involvement networks/organisations on the use of personal monitoring data in cardiovascular research is essential.
- Create and maintain new partnerships and build on existing partnerships with the data science and cardiovascular communities, industry, patients and public, regulatory and information governance partners to identify and prioritise the key challenges of linking personal monitoring data with other health data. The candidate will build on existing partnerships and collaboration opportunities with HDR UK initiatives, such as the Applied Analytics national priority. A knowledge of and connectivity with the various industry platform and providers in the area of personal monitoring through wearables and/or apps would be a significant advantage.
- Work with the cardiovascular and health data science communities, patients and public, industry and the BHF Data Science Centre Director to identify suitable exemplar driver trials and projects that will address key requirements in this thematic area. In collaboration with the wider cardiovascular and health data science community, provide strategic leadership in the development of novel and/or reproducible methodological approaches.
- Provide strategic direction and champion the team science approach to deliver projects, providing negotiation and brokering skills where necessary to drive improvement within the use of personal monitoring data for cardiovascular research.
- Lead on the development of strategic plans for this thematic area in collaboration with the BHF Data Science Centre Director and her team. Work with the centre’s team to direct the development of full-scale project plans and subsequent reporting for this thematic area. Day-to-day project management and administrative support will be provided by the centre’s team.
- Contribute to and lead on funding applications and, in collaboration with the BHF Data Science Centre and HDR UK, identify opportunities to communicate milestones, deliverables and impact of the personal monitoring data thematic area activities.
Personal Monitoring Data Lay Members – BHF Data Science Centre
Applications close 19 April 2021
The British Heart Foundation (BHF) Data Science Centre is seeking to appoint 3-4 lay members to work with us as we establish a focus on the use of personal monitoring data, with an initial...
Finance Director (Maternity Cover)
Applications close 23 April 2021
Purpose of the post The HDR UK Finance Director (FD) is responsible for leading and manging the finance function, which includes finance, procurement and contracting activities. The FD ensures...
Chief Solutions Architect for HDR UK Innovation Gateway
Applications close 26 April 2021
Purpose of the post HDR UK requires the services of an experienced Chief Solution Architect to lead technology services and solutions across the organisation, leading and maintain technical...