Purpose of the post
The Executive Assistant will be a key member of the BHF Data Science Centre team, supporting the BHF Data Science Director, Operations Director and wider team to ensure that the Centre operates the highest levels of professional service quality, accountability and transparency.
You will be responsible for providing a high quality, professional executive assistant service for the BHF Data Science Centre Leadership, to enable them to deliver the Centre’s mission.
- BHF Data Science Centre meeting management
- Diary management for the BHF Data Science Centre Director.
- Liaise with the BHF Data Science Centre team, other EAs and external partners to coordinate and schedule one-off and repeating meetings. Proactively manage diaries to identify issues and reschedule meetings to respond to changing priorities.
- Set up and schedule teleconference/videoconferences and/or book resources such as rooms, refreshments and AV.
- Work with the relevant team member(s) to collate agendas and papers for meetings and distribute to meeting attendees in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings, take high quality actions and minutes, monitor action points and circulate information to participants in a timely manner.
- Work at all organisational levels.
- Administrative support for the BHF Data Science Centre
- Provide general administrative support such as maintaining electronic filing systems, printing, data entry.
- Support colleagues in producing high quality emails, word documents and PowerPoint slides when required.
- Support the logging of contacts and run reports from our client relationship management system and create and maintain mailing
- Manage and triage generic BHF Data Science Centre channels (e.g. mailboxes, Slack) and external telephone enquiries.
- Work with the HDR UK Communications Team and BHF Data Science Centre Communications and Engagement Officer to provide support for BHF Data Science Centre events.
- Travel and expenses
- Support Directors in scheduling UK and international travel, in particular flights, hotels and car hire.
- Understand director requirements and reflect these in the bookings.
- Ensure travel is booked within organisational policy.
- Other administrative support
- Diary management for the Digital Innovation Hubs Programme Director.
Planning and organising
This post is part of a small core team that is embedded within HDR UK to support the BHF Data Science Centre in science, innovation, training and public engagement. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for supporting the BHF Data Science Centre Director and her team in their day to day activities to achieve the overall aims and objectives of the Centre. This will require significant planning, organisational and influencing skills. At the same time, the post holder will require a flexible and fast paced approach to changing demands of the core team and external changes.
The Executive Assistant will be expected to use problem solving skills to respond to diverse demands. As part of a small team, the post holder will operate with significant independence. The post holder will require confidence in dealing with enquiries, problem solving and decision making. The post holder will make an effective judgement on when to escalate issues to senior colleagues’ attention and with what urgency.
The post-holder will make all day-to-day operational decisions for their own workload. With support from the Director and Operations Director, the Executive Assistant will identify, initiate and develop opportunities for streamlined and effective working.
HDR UK is dedicated to continuous improvement through our quality management system and demonstrated by our commitment to achieve ISO 9001 accreditation. The post-holder will review, analyse, identify and implement opportunities for quality improvement within their specialism and as part of the wider team through our strategy development and internal audit processes.
The post holder will build and maintain effective working relationships both within HDR UK, with key partners in the British Heart Foundation and with other key stakeholders. The Executive Assistant will have close working relationships with the Director and Operations Director of the BHF Data Science Centre, the Digital Innovation Hubs Programme Director, other members of the BHF Data Science Centre team and members of HDR UK.