Overview of the role and main responsibilities
Our success means we are growing rapidly. As we do so, we want to increase our capacity to support our current UK Health Data Research Alliance members, as well as growing the membership. This role would involve working directly with Alliance members as well as connecting the Alliance’s activities with the other HDR UK developments. Supporting the Alliance Delivery Manager, this role would:
- Manage the engagement and onboarding of new Alliance membership as well as building a pipeline of potential members.
- Work with the Health Data Research Gateway team (the HDR Innovation Gateway is the UK’s first platform and access point for researchers to discover health datasets all in one place) to onboard Alliance members to the full suite of services offered as they are built out.
- Improving dataset discoverability through high quality metadata;
- Harmonising data access request processes and enabling efficiencies through web-based workflows (this would be a particular focus);
- Promoting participation and collaboration through community functionality;
- Supporting analysis across multiple trusted research environments.
- Project manage Alliance working group ongoing tasks and activities in conjunction with the Alliance Delivery Manager and Alliance Executive Director.
- Be responsible for organising key meetings and providing officer support to the Alliance Delivery Manager, sending agendas and papers to the various groups as required, providing note taking function in key Alliance meetings and updating working group teams on tasks and activities as required.
- Coordinate with the Health Data Research Hub cross-cutting workstreams, currently focusing on Engagement, Curation, Commercial, and Data Standards.
- Support reporting of Alliance progress and impact.
This is a new role within the UK Health Data Research Alliance. It is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to use their skills and experience to improve access to health data for research and innovation that has the potential to transform lives.
The successful candidate will share our values, have strong collaboration skills, be comfortable with working at pace and have a passion for professional, high quality approaches to engagement.