About HDR Global
- Enable research that tackles locally-set, priority health challenges by improving capture and analysis of all forms of health-relevant data
- Address inequity in where data is collected and who benefits from the evidence
- Connect expertise and share technology, standards, policies, and solutions that work between different projects, teams and networks in the Global South
What we seek to do
- Work as a global federated partnership facilitating data governance, capacity building and system strengthening by connecting experts and excellence across and between projects, programmes, regions and organisations
- Provide open access to tools, resources, technical and data analytical support to enable new analyses from existing data sets
- Engage with the community in all its activities and embed approaches that ensure findings from new data analysis are taken into practice
- Link research and public health data activities for better collection and analysis to support data science as an integral element of healthcare delivery, and enable evidence-led decision making to improve outcomes in global priority health challenges
- Take a ‘showing-by-doing’ approach through pathfinder projects that generate evidence through asking new questions of existing datasets in the world’s most resource limited settings
HDR Global is closely partnering with The Global Health Network (TGHN) to deliver this ambitious data science programme.
Our early deliverables:
- HDR Global working with The Global Health Network have begun delivering initial data science assets to support this initiative, available on The Global Health Network data science hub.
- ICODA’s existing driver projects are already acting as pathfinder projects to help our understanding and connecting cohorts of researchers globally
- We have been supporting global health events with data science content, including: CPHIA, WHO Data Science summit, CUGH
HDR Global programmes