Shortlisted nominations for Team of the Year 2020
(in no particular order)
Team lead/rep: Rebecca Bendayan
Team name: HDR UK National Text Analytics Project team
Team lead/rep: Amitava Banerjee
Team name: HDR UK London COVID-19 Response Team
Team lead/rep: Ruth Blackburn
Team name: HDR UK Early Career Committee
Team lead/rep: John R Bradley
Team name: HDR UK Sprint Exemplar Project in Rare Diseases
Nominations and Applications
Teams can be nominated, or apply directly, for HDR UK Team of the Year. The application form for nominations or applications is available at this link:
To make a nomination/application you will be asked to provide information on team members and a statement (1000 words max) on why the team should win HDR UK Team of the Year, by the 4th of June deadline.
We define a HDR UK Team as three or more individuals working together, including HDR UK Members, as defined (in the HDR UK Attribution Policy) as “anyone in receipt of funds from HDR UK (e.g. salary, research costs), or involved in a HDR UK project (including where salary is an in-kind contribution). This includes researchers, scientists, technologists, triallists etc working in HDR UK Sites, on HDR UK National Implementation Project Teams, HDR UK Sprint Exemplar Teams, [Health Data Research Hub Teams], as well as HDR UK UKRI/Rutherford Fund Fellows, HDR UK PhD and MSc students, and Central Team etc”.
The winning team will be selected by a high-level panel, with a background in team science. Their decision will be based on how the team has exemplified HDR UK’s values and/or how well the team work together. Shortlisted teams will be announced prior to the One Institute event and the winner will be announced at the event itself.
We are looking for collaborative and productive teams with exemplary team-working characteristics. The selection panel will be looking for evidence of several of the following criteria:
- Outstanding achievements relating to the HDR UK mission of uniting health data to improve people’s lives
- Channelling HDR UK’s values (transparency, optimism, respect, courage and humility).
- Exemplary team-working characteristics and/or processes
- Coming through challenging times together
- Innovative and inclusive leadership, e.g. with respect to equality, inclusion and diversity
- Bringing together a highly-functional interdisciplinary and/or intersectoral team, with members from a range of career stages
- Anne-Marie Coriat, Head of UK/EU Research Landscape, Wellcome Trust; Co-Chair of the Research on Research Institute (chair)
- Jaya Chaturvedi, HDR UK Early Career Committee member; Health Informatician and Data Analyst, King’s College London, HDR UK London
- Antony Chuter, HDR UK Patient Representative, BREATHE – the Health Data Research Hub for Respiratory Health
The winning team will receive a trophy and a group training session in resilience, leadership skills, media training or public speaking, delivered by a highly experienced trainer.
The top three teams (including the winner) will have a professionally-written, featured case study about their team’s work, published on the HDR UK website and promoted on our social media channels.
- 07/05/2020 Open for applications/nominations
- 04/06/2020 Deadline for applications/nominations (16:00)
- 11/06/2020 Shortlisted teams announced
- 16/06/2020 Winner announced at One Institute event
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
HDR UK Annual Prizes
From 2020 onwards, three annual prizes will be awarded at Health Data Research UK’s annual conference, which takes place in June each year. Nomination and applications for these competitions are...
HDR UK Impact of the Year Award
We award work with the highest impact on improving people’s lives, through use of data. Award-winning impact on clinical practice or policy, algorithms, software, publications etc for HDR UK...
One Institute Event Lightning Talks
Selected early career researchers, technologists and innovators from the HDR UK community will present health data research and innovation as 3-minute lightning talks at the One Institute event in...