Applications now open
We would like to invite applications for the Impact of the year award, as part of HDR UK’s Scientific Conference, 23rd June 2021.
We wish to award work with the highest impact on improving people’s lives, through use of data. Nominate your own or someone else’s impact on clinical practice or policy, algorithms, software, publications etc for HDR UK Impact of the year – to be announced at the HDR UK Scientific Conference. Last year, this award went to Model that estimates excess deaths from COVID-19 (team lead: Amitava Banerjee, UCL, HDR UK London). Read more about 2020’s winning and highly commended impacts.
What is your most impactful output of the last 12 months? We’ll be looking for impact that embodies HDR UK’s values and takes an important step towards HDR UK’s mission of uniting health data to enable discoveries that improve people’s lives. Please nominate an output for Impact of the year (or nominate your own).
Nominations and Applications
Outputs can be nominated for HDR UK Impact of the year using the form available at this link:
You can propose your own or someone else’s output*. To make a nomination you will need to provide a summary of the impact and evidence of meeting some of the selection criteria (below; 250 words each), by the 16th of May deadline.
*If you are proposing someone else’s output, please provide as much detail in the application as possible. HDR UK will then reach out to the nominees to provide additional detail where required – as a result, deadlines for nominating someone else’s work are 9th May.
Algorithms, software, tools, digital resources, policy or practice change exemplar, publications and pre-prints relating to health data research are all eligible for Impact of the year. They should have been developed (at least in part) in the last year. They may have been developed by one individual or a team working as part of HDR UK or beyond.
The winning impact will be selected by a panel of experts, whose decisions will be based on the criteria below. Nominees will be shortlisted prior to the HDR UK Scientific Conference, and then the overall winner will be announced at the event itself.
We are looking for work with the highest impact on improving people’s lives, through use of data. Please provide clear evidence of several of the following criteria:
- Impact at scale
- Generating novel insights
- Collaborative working
- High quality public and patient involvement
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Alignment and relevance to HDR UK’s mission
- Alignment to HDR UK values
The full panel membership will be published once confirmed.
- James O’Shaughnessy, HDR UK Non-Executive Board member (chair)
- Angela Coulter, Chair of HDR UK Public Advisory Board
- Rachel Alsop, PA Consulting
- Yo Yehudi, Open Source Technology Lead, Wellcome
A trophy will be awarded to the winning impact.
The winning impact will receive:
- A professional virtual training session of choice in team building, leadership skills, resilience, or personal well-being delivered by a highly experience trainer – in addition to a tailored consultation and follow-up with HDR UK’s Learning and Development Manager.
- A mentoring session from a choice of HDR UK Executive Committee Members including Andrew Morris (strategy, leadership, research, grant funding and academia), Sinduja Manohar (patient and public involvement and community engagement), and Amanda White (communications and engagement, branding, and marketing).
The top 3 impacts will have a professionally written case study featured on HDR UK’s website and promoted on our social media channels.
- 08/04/21 Open for nominations and applications
- 09/05/21, 17:00 BST Deadline for nominations
- 16/05/21, 17:00 BST Deadline for applications
- 11/06/21 Shortlisted candidates announced
- 23/06/21 Winner announced at HDR UK Scientific Conference
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HDR UK Annual Awards
Open to members of HDR UK and the wider health data science community, we will announce the winners of its three annual awards at our annual Scientific Conference.
HDR UK Scientific Conference Lightning Talks
Applications are now closed We would like to invite applications from Early Career Researchers to present your health data research at HDR UK’s Scientific Conference,...
HDR UK Team of the year award
Applications now open Team working is core to HDR UK’s mission. This award will celebrate collaborative endeavours by groups of researchers, innovators, technologists and more. working...