Applications are open
We wish to award work with the highest impact on improving people’s lives, through use of health data. Nominate your own or someone else’s impact on clinical practice or policy, algorithms, software, publications etc for HDR UK Impact of the Year – to be announced at the HDR UK Scientific Conference.
What is your most impactful output of the last 12 months?
We’ll be looking for impact that embodies HDR UK’s values and takes an important step towards HDR UK’s mission of uniting health data to enable discoveries that improve people’s lives.
Algorithms, software, tools, digital resources, policy or practice change exemplar, publications and pre-prints relating to health data research are all eligible for Impact of the Year. They should have been developed (at least in part) in the last year. They may have been developed by one individual or a team working as part of HDR UK or beyond.
Impacts must have involved and engaged patients/service users, carers and the public at each appropriate stage of the research life cycle.
The winning impact will be selected by a panel of experts, whose decisions will be based on the criteria below. Nominees will be shortlisted prior to the HDR UK Scientific Conference, and then the overall winner will be announced at the event itself.
We are looking for work with the highest impact on improving people’s lives, through use of data. Please provide clear evidence of the following criteria:
- Impact at scale
- Generating novel insights
- Collaborative working
- High quality public and patient involvement
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Alignment and relevance to HDR UK’s mission
- Alignment to HDR UK values
James O’Shaughnessy, House of Lords (Chair)
Panel members will be announced once confirmed.
- Engraved glass trophy
- Award certificate
- 1 half-day professional training session of choice including consultation and follow-up with HDR UK’s Learning and Development Manager
- Featured case study professionally written and published on HDR UK website and promoted on HDR UK social media channels.
- Open for nominations and applications : 18 September 2023
- Deadline for nominations: 16 October 2023 at 17:00 BST
- Deadline for applications : 27 November 2023 at 17:00 GMT
- Shortlisted candidates announced: 26 January 2024
- Winner announced at the HDR UK Scientific Conference in March 2024
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
HDR UK Annual Prizes
Each year, four annual prizes are awarded at HDR UK’s Scientific Conference which will take place in March 2024.
Scientific Conference Lightning Talks
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN This high-profile session is back by popular demand. Speakers will be shortlisted by an independent panel and will be invited to provide a 4-minute lightning talk at the HDR...
Team of the Year Award
Applications are open Team working is core to HDR UK’s mission. This award will celebrate collaborative endeavours by groups of researchers, innovators, technologists etc working together...