Applications are closed
Team working is core to HDR UK’s mission. This award will celebrate collaborative endeavours by groups of researchers, innovators, technologists etc working together within HDR UK and beyond.
Teams working together on health data research are eligible. We define a team as three or more individuals working together, including researchers, scientists, technologists, triallists etc working as part of HDR UK or beyond.
The winning team will be selected by a high-level panel, with a background in team science. Their decision will be based on how the team has exemplified HDR UK’s values and/or how well the team work together. Shortlisted teams will be announced prior to the HDRUK Scientific Conference and the winner will be announced at the event itself.
We are looking for collaborative and productive teams with exemplary team-working characteristics. The selection panel will be looking for evidence of the following criteria:
- Outstanding achievements relating to the HDR UK mission of uniting health data to improve people’s lives
- Channelling HDR UK’s values (transparency, optimism, respect, courage and humility).
- Exemplary team-working characteristics and/or processes
- Coming through challenging times together
- Innovative and inclusive leadership, e.g. with respect to equality, inclusion and diversity
- Bringing together a highly-functional interdisciplinary and/or intersectoral team with complementary skills – demonstrating equal, inclusive and diverse membership (such as members from a range of career stages, geographies, etc.).
Alison Paprica, Vector Institute for AI (Chair)
Aseel Abuzour, University of Leeds
Michael Flemming, University of Glasgow
Rosanna Fennessy, University of Cambridge (Public and Patient Representative)
Rosemary Walmsley, University of Oxford
Shukrat O. Salisu-Olatunji, Black Internship Advisory Group (Public and Patient Representative)
Will Spooner, Zettagenomics
- Engraved glass trophy
- 1 half-day professional training session of choice including consultation and follow-up with HDR UK’s Learning and Development Manager
- Featured case study professionally written and published on HDR UK website and promoted on HDR UK social media channels.
28/07/22 Open for nominations and applications
15/09/22, 17:00 BST Deadline for nominations
23/09/22, 17:00 BST Deadline for applications
14/11/22 Shortlisted candidates announced
13/11/22 Pre-conference dinner – shortlisted candidates are invited to attend
14/12/22 Winner announced at HDR UK Scientific Conference
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
HDR UK Annual Prizes
Each year, four annual prizes are awarded at HDR UK’s Scientific Conference which takes place in December.
Impact of the year award
Applications are closed We wish to award work with the highest impact on improving people’s lives, through use of data. Nominate your own or someone else’s impact on clinical practice or...
Scientific Conference Lightning Talks
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED This high-profile session is back by popular demand. Speakers will be shortlisted by an independent panel and will be invited to provide a as a 4-minute lightning talk at...