South West Analytics and Infrastructure in Healthcare (SWAIH)
A one-day event is being held to discuss the opportunities and challenges for health data research within the South-West.
With nine NHS data strategies published in 2022 and £13.5m funding to support development of regional Trusted Research Environments (TREs) the event will be a forum to better understand recent developments and to share knowledge and expertise from across the region.
SWAIH will provide analysts, infrastructure leads, decision makers, training specialists and researchers from across the region with an opportunity to listen to expert speakers, discuss and share best practice and network with peers.
The event will encourage participants to consider how the region can respond collectively, to develop shared plans that will improve the efficiency and impact of research and maximise benefits for patients.
Larger organisations are asked to consider inviting colleagues from the following areas:
- Infrastructure: Professionals who facilitate and maintain the architecture required for data
- Researchers: Those either working at academic institutions, actively participating in research or interested in participating in research
- Analysts & scientists: People directly responsible for the curation, interpretation and visualisation of data in their organisations
- Decision makers: Professionals with strategic oversight of data within their organisations
- Training: Those responsible for training, upskilling or who are interested in developing themselves in the field of data science or research.
For full details of the event click here.
All attendees need to register by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event will be held at Sandy Park in Exeter. Sandy Park is close to the M5 and Digby and Sowton railway station. Attendees are encouraged to use public transport or arrange car shares.
Organisers and partners
Organised by PenARC, partners include Health Data Research UK, the Association of Professional Healthcare Analysts, ARC West, ARC Wessex and the South West Academic Health Science Network.
- For further information contact Chrissie Walker email@example.com
Register by 30 May 2023
HDR UK-Roche PhD summer school
14 July 2023
Crowne Plaza Hotel, 61 Homer Rd, Solihull B91 3QD.
£100 (for non-HDR UK students)