Start planning your future with our health data science online event
Gear up for a bright future in health data science by joining our first online careers event featuring inspiring talks by speakers from industry, the NHS and HDR UK.
This free online event, on 21 June, is open to students on an HDR UK Master’s degree course and participants of the HDR UK Black Internship Programme and Biomedical Vacation Scholarship. HDR UK Alumni and anyone who is interested in a career in health data science is also welcome to attend.
It features inspiring career talks with speakers working in health data science roles in the NHS, industry, HDR UK alumni and more – offering insights, tips and first-hand experience.
We will also be hearing from career experts on how to successfully launch your career after studying. There will also be plenty of opportunity for you to put questions to the team.
Sign up today and secure your place. See below for the agenda and to meet our speakers.
- 14:00: Welcome & introduction to HDR UK – Tim Frayling & Rhoswyn Walker (HDR UK)
- 14:10: Careers in the NHS – Zoe Turner & Sammi Rosser (NHS)
- 14:25: Q&A
- 14:30: Careers in industry – Kevin Pollock (Bristol-Myers Squibb), Richard Wyatt-Haines (HCI Digital) & Amanda Darekar (Pfizer)
- 14:45: Q&A
- 14:50: Break
- 15:00: HDR UK Alumni – Hansel Palencia (Davita), Eloise Withnell (PhD student), Steven Wambua (PhD student & BHF Data Science Centre)
- 15:20: Q&A
- 15:25: Career advice – Sarah Hodgkins (Career coach) & Tammy Palmer (HDR UK)
- 15:50: Q&A
- 15:55: Close – Tim Frayling (HDR UK)
Meet the speakers
Data Access and Discovery – March 2023
16 March 2023 at 11:00 am
Come along to our first Data Access and Discovery Webinar of 2023 as we explore some of the data services and expertise on offer from two Health Data Research Hubs: Discover-NOW and PIONEER. The...
BHF Data Science Centre March Webinar
15 March 2023 at 1:00 pm
Join us for our March webinar.
HDR UK Multi-omics Cohorts Consortium NIP Insight Sharing Day
23 February 2023 at 9:30 am
To conclude the HDR UK Multi-omics Cohorts Consortium National Implementation Project, a virtual insight sharing day will be held on Thursday 23rd February 2023, 09:30am – 12:30pm. This event is...