Join the COVID-19 National Core Studies Symposium on 24 June with guest speakers that include Jeremy Farrar, Patrick Vallance, Fiona Fox and Ottoline Leyser. This half-day event will showcase how science has informed the policy and healthcare response to the pandemic both in the UK and internationally.
This event is being held in association with Health Data Research UK’s annual Scientific Conference on 23 June.
About the COVID-19 National Core Studies Symposium
In October 2020, the UK government established six national studies to support and accelerate the UK’s research response to COVID-19. The studies use health data to identify and respond to essential questions to rapidly inform policy, operations and planning and maintain resilience against COVID-19 across the UK.
On 24 June 2021, the COVID-19 National Core Studies Symposium will present the progress on these studies and their impact on the scientific response to the pandemic. UK and international leaders in science will showcase examples of the insights gained, which include virus transmission, epidemiology, discovery of treatments through clinical trials and vaccines effectiveness.
This free, half-day event will bring together the UK and international scientific community with policy makers, patients and the public to share best practice, shape the future landscape post-pandemic and identify opportunities for collaboration.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Sir Patrick Vallance, Government Chief Scientific Adviser
- Sir Jeremy Farrar, Director, Wellcome Trust
- Fiona Fox, Chief Executive, Science Media Centre
- Chris Monk, Public Representative
- Professor Patrick Chinnery, Clinical Director, Medical Research Council
- Sir Mene Pangalos, Executive VP, AstraZeneca
This event is delivered in partnership with:
- Government Office for Science
- National Institute for Health Research
- Health and Safety Executive
- UK Research and Innovation
- The Office for National Statistics
- Health and Social Care Northern Ireland
- Health and Care Research Wales
- NHS Scotland
- Health Data Research UK (HDR UK)
HDR UK Scientific Conference: Data Insights in a Pandemic
23 June 2021 at 9:00 am
Join us at #HDRSciCon for an exciting full day virtual event showcasing the latest advancements in health data science.
COVID-19 National Core Studies
The National Core Studies programme is enabling the UK to use health data and research to inform both our near and long-term responses to COVID-19, as well as accelerating progress to establish a...