Meeting Series Schedule:
Satellite 1, Genetics, Genomics and the Law (0.5-1 days), 29th June, 2020.
Organisers: Dr Gillian Black, University of Edinburgh; Prof Anneke Lucassen, British Society of Genetic Medicine. Venue: Law School, Old College, University of Edinburgh
Main meeting: Genomic Medicine – Moving Beyond the Sequence (1 day), 30th June, 2020.
Meeting organisers: Tim Aitman, University of Edinburgh; Mark Caulfield, Genomics England, Anneke Lucassen, British Society of Genetic Medicine
Local organising committee: Tim Aitman, Mary Porteous, Simon Herrington
Venue: Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
Satellite 2, Genomic Medicine – Health Economics (0.5 days), 1st July 2020.
Organisers: Dr Mandy Ryan, University of Aberdeen, Dr Peter Hall, University of Edinburgh
Venue: Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh
Main meeting – June 30th, 2020. Programme
Venue: Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (capacity 300)
Opening Speaker: Cabinet Secretary for Health and Sport (confirmed)
- Preventive Medicine and Applied Genomics: Rapid diagnosis in neonates and infants; rare variant detection for adult-onset disorders, national genome projects. Keynote Speaker: Mark Caulfield, Genomics England (confirmed); David Bentley (Illumina); Joe Butler (Bionano); Marc Williams, Geisinger Healthcare, Pennsylvania, USA (confirmed)
- Cancer Risk and Stratification: Rare variants, polygenic risk scores, somatic mutation-based trials. Keynote Speaker: Paul Pharoah, Cambridge (confirmed); Charlie Gourley, Edinburgh (confirmed); Andrew Biankin, Glasgow (confirmed); Clare Turnbull, Genomics England, (confirmed)
- Liquid Biopsy in Cancer Diagnosis and Management. Cancer evolution and heterogeneity, cell-free DNA analysis, early detection. Keynote speaker: Ruth Shemer, Jerusalem (confirmed); Sarah Ostrup-Jensen, Aarhus (confirmed); Nitzan Rosenfeld (Inivata plc); Tim Aitman, Edinburgh (confirmed)
- Digital diagnostics and genome informatics: Artificial intelligence; data sharing/linkage; variants of unknown clinical significance. Keynote speaker: Andrew Morris, Director, Health Data Research UK (confirmed); Sir Peter Donnelly, Oxford University and Genomics plc (confirmed); Nick Lench, Congenica (confirmed);
- Panel Discussion on specialty training: Panellists: Jo Martin, President, Royal College of Pathologists (confirmed); Susie Cooke (Glasgow); Adam Hill (South East Scotland Deanery); Moira Whyte, Head, University of Edinburgh Medical School (confirmed)