On 2 October 2018, Health Data Research UK held a symposium to brief potential platform partners on the DIH programme and excite them about the opportunity to work with us to develop it. We were joined by over 90 senior technology industry colleagues.
Discussions at the event included:
- Informing the technology sector of the aims of the Digital Innovation Hub programme as part of the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund
- Establishing the mutual benefits to patients, the NHS, researchers and innovators
- Welcoming industry participation in co-development of the research platform
- Defining key requirements for successful delivery of the Digital Innovation Hub platform
- Facilitating collaboration across industry/academia/NHS to support this delivery
The format of the symposium was a combination of networking, talks, panel discussion and group discussion.