This course is now over.
Course materials are available free here
About the event
This 2 day course is intended for clinicians involved in audit, quality improvement or research.
Alongside clinicians, we also welcome participants that wish to take part in this course to familiarise themselves with the training materials in order to run the same course in their own organisations.
The course consists of a series of mini-lectures with practical sessions built-in, each lasting 30-40 minutes. The programme is flexible, but an outline is available here.
Sessions will include:
- R for newbies
- Excel Hell
- Getting data into R
- Data wrangling
- Data visualisation
- Plotting graphs with ggplot2
- Just enough statistics
- Data analysis practical
Participants will need to bring their own laptops. During the course they will walk through an analysis pipeline, with plenty of supportive faculty available on hand to troubleshoot their problems. At the end of the 2 days, participants will go home with a working statistical software package installed on their own machine, the course guide, and a workflow that can be applied to their own data.
What special knowledge do I need?
None! No A-level maths. No coding experience.
- You’ll probably be someone who has collected some data in an Excel spreadsheet or similar.
- You already know about basic bar charts and scatter plots. You know how to calculate the mean, and have heard of standard deviation (but can’t remember how to calculate it.)
- You want to present your work either in a report or to your colleagues.
- You’re prepared to give up a few hours to learn a set of skills that you can use, and re-use in the future.
If you would like to attend please register on Eventbrite.