Our Health Data Science Black Internship Programme aims to tackle the underrepresentation of Black people within the health data science industry and provide motivated candidates with the chance to expand their knowledge and gain the experience to kick start their careers.
This event celebrates our second cohort of Black interns as they join our partner host organisations and work on an incredible array of health data research projects.
We warmly welcome our incoming interns, alumni from our 2021 cohort, our Black Internship Programme Advisory Board members, HDR UK staff and our host organisation partners to join us today.
- 14:00 – Welcome & introduction to HDR UK by Professor Andrew Morris
- 14:30 – Introduction to the Black Internship Programme by Professor Martin Levermore
- 14:50 – Tips and advice on starting your internship from our 2021 cohort
- 15:00 – Introduction to 10, 000 Black Interns Initiative by Treasure Oyelade
- 15:15 – Questions and general discussion
- 15:45 – Close