Open the funding call information to find out about the eligibility, scope and application process for this £2M funding call. The COVID-19 Data and Connectivity National Core Study programme, funded by UKRI and led by HDR UK in partnership with Office for National Statistics, connects UK health data to support and accelerate research on COVID-19.
Please contact the Data & Connectivity team with any queries about this call, or read our in-depth guide for applicants to find out which datasets are available to researchers and how you can access them. If you’re interested in this upcoming funding call join us on Monday 6th September alongside UKRI Medical Research Council at our webinar ‘Accessing COVID-19 Data’ to learn more about the use of routine data in COVID19 research.
Timeline for applications:
- Funding call launched w/c 6th September 2021
- Webinars for applicants on data availability and access 10:00 BST 6th September 2021 and 14th September 2021
- Clarification questions from potential applicants submitted by 17:00 BST 22nd September 2021
- Applications submitted by 17.00 BST 1st October 2021
- Successful applications announced w/c 18th October 2021
- Projects commence by end of October 2021
- Projects complete by 30th September 2022
Materials for the call:
- Funding call information sheet giving eligibility, scope and application process.
- Funding call application form
- Summary of datasets available and how researchers request access to use them via the Health Data Innovation Gateway and network of Trusted Research Environments. Note that applications for NHS Digital data will be processed and applied for via the BHF Data Science Centre.
Responses to applicant FAQs will be added to this page in the week commencing 22nd September.