Whilst the internship is open to eligible candidates, we are prioritising applications from individuals who are underrepresented within health data research. This includes:
- If you are in the first generation of your family to attend university
- If you are or have been a looked after person (Care-experienced)
- If you are a carer (i.e. someone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability or for another reason cannot cope without your support)
- If you are a government refugee or asylum seeker
- If you have a clinically diagnosed disability
- If you were eligible for Free School Meals
We will also encourage applications from those who are studying at a non-Russell Group university. Fulfilling one or more of the criteria above will mean that your application will be prioritised for review.
If you are awarded a scholarship and have declared that you meet one or more of the criteria listed above you will be expected to evidence this either via a supporting statement from a referee, formal documentation or otherwise.
Please note: This information will NOT be made available to those engaged in the vacation scholarship application shortlisting and interviews. The information will only be accessible by restricted administrative staff. It will be used to flag applications that meet one or more of the widening access criteria.