HDR UK-Roche Summer School applications are open until 30 May - seize the chance to be part of this exciting initiative.
Engage with leaders of today and tomorrow
HDR UK organises annual Summer Schools where early career scientists and postgraduates can network with and learning from current industry leaders.
For 2023 the HDR UK – Roche Summer School for PhD students will explore single-cell imaging analysis.
- Be introduced to the scientific utility of spatial single-cell imaging analysis
- Learn about the biological questions that motivate spatial single-cell analysis, the technologies allowing data to be acquired, and the workflow of data processing required to convert acquired images into research-ready molecular and cellular analysis datasets
- Work in groups to explore exemplar data sets and tackle research questions with Roche scientists
This residential course (14-17 July) will take place at Crowne Plaza Hotel in Solihull and will cost £100 for non-HDR UK PhD students. This registration fee covers:
- Accommodation for three nights
- All tuition
- Coffee and light refreshments
- Two school-organised dinners
There is also an opportunity for students to submit follow-on work for an exclusive paid internship with Roche.
- Applications close 30 May, please register here
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
“We had an amazing opportunity to listen to leaders in health data research delivering lectures on core values of research,” Dr Alicja Jasinska Piadlo, 2020 participant
About our Summer Schools
They are an excellent opportunity to share ideas. Equally, they provide a superb opportunity for industry, academia and the NHS to engage with some of the most talented up-and-coming data scientists in the UK – including future leaders in the field.
Right now HDR UK is looking for partners to help lead the Academic Schools.
The 2023 event builds on the success of the HDR UK Summer Schools held in the past.
The 2019 Summer School brought together 85 participants from across the UK for a four-day event at St Andrews University in Scotland. They were able to:
- Share and discuss their work with their peers
- Hear about the latest scientific developments across HDR UK from keynote speakers
- Learn how to develop new ideas using a design thinking approach
- Develop new skills to communicate with a range of audiences
- Join their peers and HDR UK researchers to think innovatively, develop research ideas and learn about how they are judged at funding panels.
In 2020 an online Summer School attracted 58 participants.
The Project Team
- Sarah Cadman, Programme Director for Capacity Building
- Tim Frayling, Chief Talent and Training Officer
If your organisation would like to talk about getting involved with Academic Schools then email firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Community and Partners
We are building a community of skilled and motivated health data scientists to position the UK as a leader in the use of data to make lasting improvements to health.
Introducing some of the health data scientists who are opening up new frontiers and changing the world.
CPD and Training
The world of health data science is constantly evolving. Our growing portfolio of CPD courses will provide you with the skills and insights needed to keep up to date with the latest developments.
Health Data Science Careers
A career in health data science brings the opportunity to use your skills to help find new ways to prevent, treat and cure disease.
Our Subject Matter Experts
HDR UK provides high quality, up-to-the-minute training and education. Our programmes are shaped by a core group of training leads made up of leading academics and professionals.
Careers and Training
The HDR UK Capacity Building Team has a wide range of initiatives to help create the highly skilled health data research workforce the UK needs in order to drive improvements in health and care.