Better Care South-West Partnership is a collaboration of NHS commissioners, primary, secondary, community and mental health care providers, local authorities, and academia. They look to address real-world health problems using the Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) Systemwide health and social care dataset and have an ambition to use individual-level, linked routine care and administrative data to deliver a learning, Integrated Care System for the local population.
The Partnership represents a step change in using advanced analytics to deliver Better Care Loops across a care system and benefit patients and partner organisations. Its results will be scalable across the region and nationally.
Prof. Jonathan Sterne, Professor of Medical Statistics and Epidemiology and Deputy Director, NIHR Bristol Biomedical Research Centre, University of Bristol.
Prof. John Macleod, Professor of Clinical Epidemiology and Primary Care, Director NIHR Applied Research Collaboration West (ARC West), Co-lead Centre for Academic Primary Care and NIHR School for Primary Care Research, University of Bristol
Dr. Rachel Denholm, Lecturer in Applied Health Data Science, University of Bristol
Dr. Richard Wood, Head of Modelling and Analytics, BNSSG CCG and Visiting Research Fellow, University of Bath School of Management
Prof. Ashley Blom, Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and Head of Bristol Medical School
Dr. Chris Bourdeaux, Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine and Chief Clinical Information Officer, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
Prof. Andrew Dowsey, Professor of Population Health Data Science, Population Health Sciences and Bristol Veterinary School, University of Bristol
Dr. Philip Harfield, Health Data Science (Informatics), NIHR Bristol Biomedical Research Centre, University of Bristol
Prof. Martin Pitt, Professor of Applied Healthcare Modelling and Data Science, University of Exeter
Dr. Katy Turner, Associate Professor in Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Bristol Veterinary School, University of Bristol Professor
Prof. Christos Vasilakis, Professor and Chair in Management Science, Director of the Bath Centre for Healthcare Innovation and Improvement (CHI2) at University of Bath School of Management
University of Bristol
- NIHR The Peninsula Collaboration for Health Operational Research and Development, University of Exeter
- University of Bath
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Healthier Together Sustainable Transformation Partnership
- NHS South, Central and West Commissioning Support Unit
- University Hospital Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Weston Area NHS Foundation Trust
- Bristol City Council- North Somerset Council
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health NHS Partnership Trust
- Sirona Care and Health
- Bristol Community Health
- North Somerset Community Partnership
- NIHR Applied Research Collaboration West, University of Bristol
- Academic Health Science Network, West of England
- Bristol Health Partners
BHF Data Science Centre
Improving the cardiovascular health of the nation using the power of large-scale data and advanced analytics across the UK.